Thursday, April 1, 2010

Soup Challenge

I've never made soup in my life. Sooo I figured why not. Seems simple enough. But of course I don't want to use a recipe. LMAO. So I found a company that does a thing of soup greens. Gourmet Kitchens. Carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, parsnips, leek, parsley and turnips. Not a ton. (I wish I had gotten 2.) But a fair amount. So I cut them all up and put them in the crock pot with Manischewitz chicken broth and 4 big cups of water. I have some precooked chicken that I'm gonna dice up and throw in too. Then about 15 minutes before we eat I'm gonna throw in rice noodles. :)

I put everything in the crock pot and turned it on low. (it's only 930 and we won't eat til 5 or 6). It already smells good.

We had a flood day before yesterday in our basement and so Tuesday was spent trying to stop that and clean up. Yesterday was just a try to recover day (we didn't stop til 330am wed.) and so today I am just TIRED! So it's kinda nice to know that at 9:30am I've already got breakfast (plain oat meal with 100% maple syrup) and dinner done. That's a nice feeling for sure. I'll be sure to let you all know how it turns out! My next thing I want to tackel is home made spagetti sauce and then a summer harvest soup. (I need spagetti sauce for it and I can't find any locally that Gabe can eat)

No comments:

Post a Comment