Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A first for me.

I am trying to totally create my own recipe.

I'm attempting breakfast bars. Here's the first attempt.
1.5 cups oats
.5 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1tbls maple syrup
3/4 cup homemade blueberry jam
1/4 cup frozen blue berries

Mix pour into pie pan then bake 350 for 10 min.


HOWEVER I think I need to cook them a little longer and add something else to help it stick together. (I have to research this) I'm thinking of adding 5 min and applesauce and something else. Not sure what though.

But for a first attempt the consistancy it there, it's just crumbly and the taste is AWESOME! I even had my neighbors taste it to make sure it wasn't just preggo tastebuds!!!!!

But anyways I've adapted recipes before, but never just said hrm, lets throw this together when it comes to baking. And I'm proud! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment