Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Supper!

Well I managed to find enjoy life chocolate bars and surf sweets for the boys Easter baskets! YAY! I still have to go get plastic eggs filled with the tiny toys and a dozen eggs and dye. ( we are making Gabe wear latex free gloves and I'm putting the eggs in whisks so that he isn't going to be actually touching them). Walmart always has them cheap. I also got bubbles. But other than that we are ready for the Easter Bunny!!!! We are having family over for an early dinner and have managed to make every thing but 1 dessert and 1 type of rolls wheat, egg, corn, soy and nut free!!!!!! WOOT! Soo excited that we were able to do this AND that my MIL (mother in law) who is cooking half maybe more, was willing to go out of her way to make sure everything is Gabe ok!

We will be having
Turkey
glazed carrots
mashed potatoes (can't have ranch flavored though :(
sweet potatoes
peas
squash
green beans
cranberry sauce (I need to double check this)
biscuits
crescent rolls (these aren't Gabe ok)
banana cupcakes
chocolate pie (this is not Gabe ok)

I think that is pretty damn impressive that we put together all of this and it's Gabe ok. Honestly we could have made it totally Gabe ok except SIL (sister in law) really wanted to make her chocolate pie contribution and I wanted to make sure we had crescent rolls around in case my biscuits don't turn out great. (first time making them with perfect flour blend so I want to be sure I have a back up.)

So anyways I'm just very excite. I love cooking big meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment