Friday, April 2, 2010

I understand now.

So this morning we ran our 1.5 million errands including going to the health food store. They didn't have my muffin or bread mixes in stock so I decided to buy some new things with that money. I got coconut milk, enjoy life chocolate bars and some sunflower butter.

We got home and I fed the boys tomatoes and chips and put them down for their naps. Around 3 I decide I'm hungry. So I decide to try the sunflower butter. It looks really yummy So I crack it open and try it. OMG BLISS! SOOOO YUMMY! I couldn't stop eating it! I had probably more than 1/4 a quarter or the jar.

Within 30 minutes I start to feel my cheeks getting hot) Then they are BURNING and I go look they are bright red. So are my legs. Then my face starts to feel stiff and then it starts to hurt. Apparently I had mild swelling. Then my mouth gets tingly. My doctor said to go to the ER if my tongue or throat felt tingly or swollen. So I did. I went to prompt care. Yup allergic reaction.

WHAT ARE THE ODDS that I would have an allergy?!?! I mean seriously! But realistically I never eat sunflowers and probably had the equivalent to the amount of sunflower seeds I've eaten in the past 10 years so it makes sense that I wouldn't have ever known it til now. Gabe's allergies are the ONLY reason I was ever even tempted to try sunflower oil. But seriously only us. I'm on steroids for the next week.

But now I have a better understand of what Gabe feels when he has a reaction. It sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment