Saturday, April 3, 2010

Impromptu lasagna



So today had a rough start. The steroids for my allergic reaction do not set right with me. They make me tired, nauseous, and give me a bad migraine. So this morning was spent doing nothing really productive except dishes. (my dishwasher broke SOBB!)

So this afternoon after the boys took their naps I was finally feeling better and so we did some yard work and then had a playdate. It was very busy! I hadn't planned to be gone so long! Suddenly I realized it was 6 O'clock and I had nothing planned to feed the boys! Eeek! Normally this means me settling for a can of veggies. LMAO. But today I realized I had some rice lasagna noodles that I hadn't tried yet, so I pulled out 4 and cooked them up. Cut them into halves and then used my homemade cheese and ketchup to make a lasagna! I got 1 adult size for each boy out of it. And Gabe DEVOURED IT! Link ate most of his, but Gabe ate ALL of his and what was left of Link's! It was pretty good. A little more vinegar taste than I would love, but still good. (Hey I did use homemade ketchup so it's expected) Next time I'll just do straight tomato paste with some oregano. Mmmm. But the cheese is perfect for this! It doesn't have much flavor on it's own and it's crumbly so it was almost like a ricotta. Mmmm.



Anyways I was just very proud that I was able to produce a really good, unplanned meal like that! I"M LEARNING!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment