Saturday, April 10, 2010

23 oz of HEAVEN!!!

So I had stumbled upon a pudding recipe that I wanted to try. It was dairy, egg and gluten free. So I played with it a little. The original comes from this site.

http://www.amug.org/~jbpratt/recipes/dairyfree/desserts/pudding.html

The original is dairy, egg and gluten free, I don't need it to be dairy free, but corn free sooooo I made it a little differently.

For my pudding, I used.

3/4 cup sugar
3 tbs vanilla flavor
1/4 cup potato starch
2 tbs plain stick butter
1/4 ts salt
2 cups milk

First in a pan I mixed the sugar, vanilla, potato starch, butter and salt. I then put it on a med heat and mixed til everything was melted. Then I poured in the 2 cups of milk. Continuously stirred for about 5-10 min on med high heat, then right when it started to bubble and was nice and thick I took it off the heat and immediately poured it into some clean glass jars. (I save all my glass jars and use them as Tupperware in an attempt to cut BPA and Tupperware costs :) I used 2 classic market asparagus jars. They are 11.6oz, but there is a little tiny bit of room at the top so I figure I ended up with about 23oz.

OMG it's soooooooo good. Like hide it from the boys so that I can eat it all good. Mmmmm! The page I got the original recipe from also has tips for adding 1/4 a cup powdered cocoa for chocolate pudding and using 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar and use only 1/4 teaspoon powdered vanilla or 1 teaspoon liquid vanilla. Add 1/4 cup more milk to make brown sugar pudding. (I'm intrigued! LOL!)

If you are dairy free I suggest you DEFINATELY check out the original recipe and just sub the potato starch for corn start if you are corn allergic. She's got some great recipes on there! (link is at the bottom for Pratt family cookbook)

Honestly this has been my FAVORITE free anything recipe. It doesn't taste any different except maybe better than what you would get at a nice restaurant. It's soooooooo good and really easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment