Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mmm.

So Hubby's work is taking us out to dinner this sat at a VERY nice restaurant. So we were looking at their menu and I saw something I'd never heard of before so I looked it up. Russian creme. I found a recipe on Recipezaar. It looked soooo easy to make I figured what the hell? I'll try it. Oh and I can make it Gabe ok very easily!!!! Woot!
3/4 a cup of sugar
1/2 a cup water
1 packet plain gelatin

Stir these together in a pan and let sit 5 min. Then on med heat bring to a boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

Add in 1 cup heavy whipping cream

put to the side.

Mix 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 and 1/2 a cup sour cream.

Mix the two mixtures very well. Pour into 4 glasses. Then put in fridge for 4-5 hours. Garnish with fresh fruit. (they suggest strawberries and blue berries, but we can't do strawberries)

OMG SOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY! I took a few tastes and I think this is my new favorite dessert!

I also got stuff to make the boys vanilla pudding tomorrow. Mmmmm. Oh and my coconut yogurt is still thickening, but it smells really good! Smells sweeter than with regular milk, a LOT sweeter! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment