Friday, April 2, 2010

Follow Up.

I never came back and told you how my soup or Anna's Banana Bread turned out.

Soup came out SUPER good! I felt like I should have more veggies so I raided my freezer and found bag of okra in there. So I added it. 1/2 a bag, Mmmmmm. Then about 30 minutes before I served the soup I added a box of rice. Super yummy BUT Next time I will only add 1/2 a box! I ended up with a LOT of very poofy rice! A WHOLE lot, but it was good. Sooooooo good. I did salt my bowl a little but the boys loved theirs just plain. (maybe next time more broth less water too just to make it extra flavorful). So some tweaking to do, but it was very good. And I ended up with feeding the whole family for dinner and then 4 ziplock backs of soup in my freezer. (I split them up into about 3 to 4 bowls worth in each bag so that I only thaw what we will eat in one sitting)

The Anna's Bread, It's a mixed review. Gabe LOVED it! LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! Link Liked it a lot. I didn't. It was just a very heavy bread (even for banana bread) and so the edges burned a little and got very tough and then the inside stayed mushy. :( But I must admit that it could have something to do with my oven. It's very new and tends to run a little hot sometimes, SOOOO I think I'm going to reserve my final opinion on this until we try it again at a lower temp. If nothing else the boys will eat it all. :)

Well now I know my followers won't die from curiosity of what happened with my food yesterday! LOL! It was great though when dinner time came and it was all done and all I had to do was put it in a bowl. I LOVE crock pots!

No comments:

Post a Comment