Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So last night I tried playing around with my egg noodle recipe. I used 1 cup rice flour, 1/2 cup amaranth flour, 1/2 cup tapioca flour. Yea it rolled out a lot easier, but the noodles were brittle, broke easily, and just didn't taste as good. :( So I have met a woman who is willing to make pasta with me AND bring her pasta machine!!! So I'm going to try another slightly altered recipe. This one is technically a ravioli recipe though. :) So I will have to make raviolis! LOL! I'm thinking beef and tomato. MMMMmmmm. I might even make some of my mozzarella cheese! (it would be perfect since it doesn't get to firm.)

Also today I emailed a pro pizza dough maker! LOL! Someone that follows on fb asked for some help finding a good dough. I wanted to rush in guns a blazing like normal, but I have a sneaky suspicion that if I did all I would end up with is a big disaster and LARGE amount of wasted flour. (which gets pricey!) So I figured since I know NOTHING about it, why not ask for help? See I can do it!!! LOL! I'm hoping to get an email back. Peter Reinhart. From what I've read all over the web, he's a pizza dough God! LOL! So hopefully he'll have some time to help me out or at least point me in the right direction. For those of you lucky people with no allergies, who just read this because you've been blackmailed, or guilt tripped in or just have interest in what you are eating, check it out! The man knows his stuff! I'm hoping to loan out his book from the library and make some for me and the hubby soon! http://peterreinhart.typepad.com/peter_reinhart/ Here's his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment