Thursday, January 20, 2011

no go pasta! LOL

So last night I finally got to use a pasta machine. Yea....it wasn't easier, (looked nicer when it worked though) A very nice woman offered to come help me and to use her machine. It was very very kind, but she was thrown off by the different textures. Yea we worked through it, but the whole thing resulted in a lot of linguini mess. And when I cooked it up today it.....it sucked. LOL! Gabe ate it, but it did not look good.

BUT to compensate for my poor pasta skills I made this!




Spinach and cheese stuffed chicken baked in crushed tomatoes. MMMM!

I used 1 14oz can spinach
1 cup crumbled homemade cheese
oregano
pepper
salt
1 clove garlic
3 Large boneless chicken breasts
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes. (I hate using canned tomatoes, but was on short time today, make sure to get one without citric acid added!)






Slice the chicken on a long edge to make a pouch. In a bowl mix the drained spinach, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper (Make to your taste I did roughly 1/2 of salt and papper and then 1 tsp oregano) Then stuff it into the pouch leaving a small amount on the side. Put in casserole pan and pour the crushed tomatoes over it. Sprinkle remaining spinach mixture on top. (extra oregano never goes amiss either) Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is done.

For making your own cheese








Heat 5 cups of milk to 180 degrees. (I love my candy thermometer) Add in 3 tbls lemon juice mix and let sit for about 10 minutes. Take a cheese cloth and line a strainer with it. Once you milk has set pour the pan into the strainer (make sure the cheese cloth doesn't slip!) Then grab the edges to make a bag with the curds in it. Squeeze as much of the whey (liquid part) out as you can. I add in a pinch of salt and mix well. Then I put mine in a small bown and I use a matching bowl to squish it down into a tight form and to get a little more whey out. Then put it in the fridge to cool. When it's crumbled it makes about 1 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment