Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not food, but still allergy related!

This doesn't totally have to do with allergies, but it does. LOL!

Some people are very sensitive to the products in laundry detergent. This is a SUPER easy and cheap way to make your own!!! !

I got this recipe from

http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

She also lists a few others, AND dishwasher detergent recipes!!!

I used #4. It's a dry one and doesn't make a ton.

Powdered Laundry Detergent – Recipe #4

2 cups Soap (finely grated )
1 cup Washing Soda
1 cup Borax

■Mix well and store in an airtight plastic container.
■Use 2 tablespoons per full load.



I got a new food processor for xmas so I used my mini one for the soap. (yes it's now dedicated to this) I got my borax at Walmart for 2 something and my walmart sadly did not have the washer soda (NOT BAKING SODA!!!), But luckily my Price Chopper did! It was 3 something (sorry accidentally threw away receipts! BAD ME!) I bought dial anti bacterial soap the little 3 bar pack (I got mine at Price Chopper) It was a dollar and some change. Ended up being almost exactly 2 cups! I cut it into small pieces and put it in the processor. Then I put everything into a clean, empty Folgers coffee can. The big plastic ones. :) Made almost half a container.

You only use 2 tbls per load!! Plus I still have a full box of Borax and one of Washer Soda. So when we do run out in a month or longer all I have to do is buy another 3 pack of the little soaps!!! Should last me I'm gonna guess til maybe August? All for maybe 15 bucks after I buy all the soaps. :O Woooo! Takes me all of 5 minutes with the processor and even if I have to do it by hand with scissors it wouldn't take more than 10 or so. The bars crumble easy!

For you Robyn!!!! now you'd better become a follower!!!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment