Thursday, January 27, 2011

So Gabe had his 4 year today. The allergist wants us to go and see a peds allergist, because Gabe is so hypersensitive. I'm getting sick of hearing that term used for him It seems like since his anaphylaxix reaction suddenly everyone is so much more nervous about him. :( I like our allergist, but it will be nice to meet with someone who specializes in kids, but on the other hand I feel like we just did the allergist meeting! It's so hard to add in so many appts! This time of year is crazy.! LOL! IT"S INSANE!~!!! And to make it worse we have gotten 3ft of snow so a lot of appts have been pushed back and rescheduled. Luckily they were able to get us in quickly. Hopefully we can get some new insight or ideas.


I learned something new today. People allergic to eggs can't have the flu vaccine BUT they now say that the MMR is safe for people with egg allergies. (unless severely allergic) So Gabe got his MMR.

Soon we will start doing give aways! I know I've been MIA the past few days, but I've actually been doing a lot of behind the scenes work! So far I've heard back from 2 companies and they can't WAIT to share their product with you! I'm really excited because it's all stuff that we use and love. (I only contacted companies that we already love)

Anyways there's my random update~!

2 comments:

  1. My kid has been labeled "hypersensitive", too. Our Ped and Allergist have both agreed that continuing to vaccinate my hypersensitive kid is a mistake since his body is already working in overdrive. His last full dose was at 9 months, and then we did the hib and DTaP separately; which he had a terrible ANA reaction to the DTaP that lasted 12 days. Both docs have offered to provide me with medical waivers come time for school. One thing my Ped said that has stuck with me is that "if your kid is allergic to peanuts, would you allow him to be vaccinated with peanuts or peanut oil? Then why should he be vaccinated with egg" (given his egg allergy. Makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes sense to me too. It's so scary doing the vaccines with any kid, but even more so with a kid with allergies.

    ReplyDelete