Saturday, January 8, 2011

MEATBALLS!








MMMM just did an impromptu meatball meal. YUMMY! Boys ate it up!!! Even I ate a full plate. (I normally try to leave the allergy free stuff for the boys, but I couldn't resist!!! It was so good!) Sorry I don't have better measurements! I was working while the baby slept and didn't want to take too long and risk him waking up!

Sadly my camera cable has gone missing so I'll have to upload the pics later. Here's the recipe


About a lbs. of ground turkey
oregano
garlic salt
pepper
salt
onion powder
2 bags rice (I LOVE the success boil in a bag rice)
milk
rice flour
olive oil

Boil the rice and set aside.

Take the turkey and mix in oregano, garlic salt, pepper, salt, and onion powder. Form small balls about the size of a golf ball. In a skillet put about a tablespoon of olive oil and then put the meatballs in it and cover with a lid. Cook on med high til meatballs are cooked all the way through. Remove the meatballs and put on a plate LEAVE all juice in the pan!!! Sprinkle rice flour in. Start with half a tbls and then add in more til you have all the juices absorbed. Not a lot!!! Once you have that then add in milk. You can add in as much as you would like. (depends on how much gravy you want. I did less than half a skillet full. Let that heat up on med high stirring constantly!!! Once it starts to thicken add in salt and pepper to taste and then pull off the heat.

Put the rice down on the plates then top with meatballs and lastly the gravy. MMMMMMMMMMMM! Mine made about 2 adult plates and 3 preschoolers plates. It was really yummy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment