Monday, January 10, 2011

Hot Dog Buns!






So today I went to get Applegate hotdogs and couldn't find any. :( But I found Shetland turkey dogs! They were good! And I finally made the hot dog buns!

Hot Dog Bun Recipe

•3/4 cup amaranth flour
•1/2 cup potato starch
•1/4 cup tapioca starch
•2 tablespoons flax seed meal
•2 teaspoons baking powder sub
•1 1/4 teaspoons guar gum
•1/2 teaspoon of salt
•2 duck eggs
•1/3 cup coconut oil
•1/2 cup milk
Bun Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 400°F.
2.Mix together the dry ingredients.
3.Mix together the wet ingredients.
4.Combine the wet with dry.
5.Grease a cookie sheet, then shape dough into hot dog bun shapes if it’s sticky, wet a spatula and your hands a bit to form them.
6.Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until they start to brown.



The recipe is pretty simple. Only thing I did differently was I used a 8x8 pan and just poured it in. Then I cut it into hotdog size rectangles. Think the stand up buns. :) It was really good. Because of the coconut oil it was a tad sweet. Really tasted like corndogs! LOL! Boys LOVED LOVED LOVED them! They both had 3! My picky 2 year old had 3 hot dogs!!!! (and all of the buns!) LOL They were so happy to have hot dogs. :) Really made them so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment