Monday, May 3, 2010

Grrr

So we tried sunbutter today (for Gabe not me!) I was nervous because I had a reaction to it, but I know kids don't always get their parents allergies, just the tendency for them. Well it's 1 hour in and his cheeks are red, he looks like he has shiners, and he says he's a little itchy. Bah. I'll update in a few hours to let you know if it got to the point of needing benadryl (and I have to use one of my last perfect doses since the regular no dye one we have was just recalled. (look it up if you have ANY kid meds) It's acting like his soy allergy though which makes me VERY nervous. That's his worst one. And that one is severely delayed. If this is like that then we won't see really bad hives until 5 hours later (after bedtime) and then it will be at it's worst around 12 hours.

This makes me want to stop trying new foods. Ever. It's scary. I would have never thought 6 months ago that feeding my kid would ever make me really really scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment