Monday, May 17, 2010

Ahhhh

May I just say what a blessing frozen premade food is? Yea I know I made it and so it's not as easy as the store kind, but on a day like today when I don't want to cook anything, it is awesome!

My new technique is everytime I make something like meatloaf, I make 2-3 and freeze the others. :) (preparing for when baby gets here and I'm off my feet for a few days) Also I read some really cool ideas. When you finish dinner take the leftovers and put them on paper plates 1 meal per plate then plastic wrap and Tada! Instant frozen dinners and then at the end of the week on a hectic day you can give your kid a choice between mac and cheese or meatloaf. They get a choice, you actually use leftovers! (because lets be honest after you've reheated them 1 time no one wants to reheat a second or third time :P)

My next great adventure will be batch cooking. I'm actually going to attempt to do the majority of a months worth of cooking in 1 day. I have a babysitter lined up and I plan to play lots of music and hide in my kitchen for over 12 hours :O I'll let you all know when that's going to be so you can tune into my meltdown! LOL!

Anyways just wanted to share my YAY for today. I didn't want to cook for lunch so I knew I wouldn't want to cook for dinner and when i went looking I remembered I had 2 bags of homemade soup frozen screaming out ME ME! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment