Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fruit!

I got the COOLEST thing ever for my bday! A dehydrator! So tonight I am making banana chips and apple chips! I figure the one thing I lack most is easy grab and go food. (don't all parents who's kids have allergies?) So I will make up as much dried fruit as I can and bag it all. Snacks for ONLY on the road! Plus I want to try my hand at homemade fruit roll ups!

I also got everything to make rasberry jam tomorrow! I was gonna do it tonight, but forgot to get another bag of sugar. Damn it! LOL! So tomorrow I'll make it. :) Should be yummy! The blueberry jam is already all gone!!!! :O Everyone LOVED it so much that it got put on EVERYTHING! Toast, oatmeal, muffins, donuts, and eaten straight out of the jar. Just need to find my cheese cloth! If worse comes to worse I have a strainer that should do fine, but I want my cheese cloth! I have a sneaking suspicion that hubby threw it away though. :(

So I now have an ice cream maker, can opener, toaster, crock pot, bread maker, magic bullet, microwave, hand mixer, deepfryer/steamer and blender (although I can't find a part to that) Whew. It sounds dumb, but this stuff really does make it all soooo much easier! I don't know how women did it all without all of this stuff!!!!!!!!

Hrm....I'm apparently in a really crazy nesting mood and am now considering making marshmallows since I can't make jam.........Hrm...

No comments:

Post a Comment