Thursday, May 13, 2010

a grocery trip with me.

Today I was talking to someone and they asked me if Dh (dear husband) made a lot at his job. I wish. She then asked how we manage to feed our kids with only his income. Trust me we don't make much money at all. We live VERY frugally.

Things like unplugging appliances when they are not in use (doesn't save a ton, but it's something) Cloth diapering, spending time at home instead of going out, ceiling fans etc.

So I figured today I'll show how I do grocery shopping for the boys with all the allergies.

This is a Gabe ok shopping trip. The only thing on this list that he can't have is my coffee mate. :)

Coffee mate 2.29
butter 1lbs 2.29
whole milk 2.50
whole milk 2.50
plain yogurt .99
white american cheese 1/2 lbs 3.60
10 Polar fruit in a jar 10.00
6 cans fruit 7.98
Oatmeal 3.19
honey ham 3.00
chicken quarters 4.66
Erwhyen (sp?)rice krispy cereal 4.29
Kettle chips 4.00
rice pasta 2.69
baby red potatoes 1 bag 2.99
bananas 4.46
watermelon 7.99
2 oranges 2.97
72.41 Total

Then at the health food store I got a bread mix and a box of sugar cookie mix for 12.30 total after tax.

Well folks that's it. From this alone I can make mac and cheese, sandwiches, dehydrated fruits and fresh fruit snacks, chicken and potatoes, chips, rice krispy treats (I had the marshmallow stuff at home though), yogurt, oatmeal and jam. :)

Anyways I just wanted to show that if you look for the 10 for 10.00 deals in the fruit you can save a fortune. Also compare which grocery stores are cheaper for fruits. (we can't live without a LOT of fruit especially in the summer

No comments:

Post a Comment