Saturday, December 4, 2010

Why not?

Okay so I am going to be attempting sausage soon. A friend of mine and I were talking and I told her about how I had made biscuits and gravy for dinner for me and hubby. To which she replied..."why for dinner?" Well we eat dinner after the boys are in bed so we can have the stuff Gabe can't eat then. She then asked me "why can't Gabe have it?" DAMN GOOD QUESTION!!!!! And you know what? I see no reason that he can't. I can make him biscuits and the only thing he can't have is the sausage. Sooo how do I fix that? I make sausage!

I got my hands on a wikihow, talked to a butcher, and the most important part, I have someone who is a saint and is giving me his meat grinder he no longer uses! WOOT!

This should be fairly easy once I have all the equipment. I just need to buy some natural casings which I can buy at almost all grocery stores and a stuffer. (although I'm holding out hope that the grinder might have one attached that's pretty common from the ones I've looked at)

So that's my next big experiment! I'll let you know when I have everything together! Should be maybe a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment