Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So I had posted that I wanted to do a peanut test. I called the allergist. They don't do any type of peanut challenge. AT ALL! They will do a blood test for it, but none of Gabe's allergies have ever shown up in a blood test! They will not do a SPT (understandable) NOR will they do a food challenge. I asked if I could just sit in their waiting room. Nope! So we have no way of testing it other than going and sitting in the ER parking lot. That's crazy to me. I want to know if he's actually allergic to them or not. It would be a great source of protein for him, since he can't eat other nuts. And peanuts are a different protein completely so there is a good chance he will be able to have them even though he's allergic to other nuts.

So not sure how we are going to handle this.

No comments:

Post a Comment