Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm drooling!

So I am in a fall mood. And my friend Carrie was talking about pot pies the other night. Soooo Today during the boys nap I made a chicken pot pie. It's cooking now and I'm drooling it smells soooo good! And the best part? It's healthy, there are NO preservatives, dyes, chemicals etc, AND it's Gabe safe!

I made the crust by altering my great grandma's recipe.

2 cups namaste perfect flour mix
1 cup butter
less than 1/2 a cup cold water.

Put the flour and butter together and mix well then add just enough water to get it to be the perfect flour texture (this varies by person)

Take half and put in 9 in round cake pan. And bake til it's cooked.

ETA It was soooooooooooo yummy! And the rice pasta made it moist but fiirm enough to stay in 1 piece!
Now take 2 chicken breasts. (boneless) boil. Set aside to cool.

Take probably about 3 or 4 cups of milk. (sorry i did this by eye and didn't think to measure til after!) About 2 1/2 in deep in a med sauce pan. Add any spices you like. I did onion powder, garlic salt, celery salt, and peper. Add 1/4 a cup butter and mix. Put it on med heat and stir like crazy til it starts to get thick. I did add a little bit of flour (very little) to help it thicken a little more. Then add whatever veggies are around. I added lima beans, okra, carrots, peas and then some rice pasta (half a small box) Let boil just a little bit, continue to stir so it doesn't burn! While I was doing this I chopped up all my chicken into tiny pieces! Then add the chicken! Mix really well.

Pull out the pie crust and pour chicken mixture! Then I cheat I take a piece of plastic wrap and put it on my table. I then spread out the remainder of the crust and thin it out to make the top crust. Then just pick it up using the plastic wrap and place on top of the pie! Pull of plastic and put into the oven at 360 til the crust is golden brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment