Thursday, September 30, 2010

Watch!

As Professor Moody in Harry Potter would say....CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!!!!!!

I think I know what caused Gabe's reactions the other week. His sunbutter, which was safe when we first started buying it, now has a notice that it is processed in a factory with peanuts and nuts. CRAP! So apparently we got a tainted jar. Gabe ended up having yet another reaction after having it, thus why I looked on the label again. :( It didn't use to have that warning so they must have just started processing more stuff. Luckily for me my health food store lady is AMAZING! And when I pointed that out to her, she (without me asking) started ordering from a different company that is nut free!!!! WOOT!

So lesson for today, even when you KNOW something is safe check it anyways incase they have changed anything!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Niccie ~
    As a SunButter blogger, I just wanted to let you know all SunButter varieties and brands are processed in a nut- and peanut-free facility. As a fellow mom (and Harry Potter fan), I appreciate your vigilance--and pointing it out to your health food store rep. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually now that I look at it, SunButter is the brand we switched to! It is wonderful that you guys make it in a safe facility! You read may have traces and always wonder can it really be that bad? YUP it apparently can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niccie,
    THRILLED SunButter fits your family! Thanks for a fun-to-read blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thank you! Glad you like the blog! I'm hoping it can help others going through this. And if nothing else it's a great place to store all my recipes! Glad someone enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete