Saturday, October 16, 2010

Donut heaven

So I made several things today.

Another batch of blueberry jam. MMMMmmm!

I made monkey bars (oatmeal bars) The blueberry came out perfect as always, BUT I decided to try to make sunbutter ones. Yea.....did not work. It was too dried out and then I burned it. Yea. No go. LOL.

Then I made donuts. This time I used some ideas to make it easier and I used just straight rice flour MUCH cheaper! To make things easier I wrapped my table in 3 sheets of plastic wrap before rolling out the dough. This way I saved myself a mess AND when I was picking up the dough I was able to slip my hand under the plastic to help me manipulate it. :) I put all the donuts in then I took all the holes and extra and rolled it to make donut holes.

I ended up with some very yummy donuts (even better than the first time) 36 donuts and a little over 5 dozen holes. YUMMY! Tomorrow I'll probably make some powdered sugar to sprinkle on them. MMMMm!

No comments:

Post a Comment