Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm back!

To experimenting in the kitchen.

Today I attempted to make.....cotton candy! (Evil chemicals and corn syrup in commercial)

I went to Wiki How. (OMG I love that site) and looked around.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Cotton-Candy

I then played with the recipe. Instead of corn syrup I used my favorite find ever golden syrup (I can find it at stop and shop it's made from cane sugar)

So my recipe went like this

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 ts golden syrup

I then plastic wrapped my counter (See I learned from the marshmallow mess!!! LOL)

I stirred the ingredients, then heated to 310. Then I immediately pulled it off the burner and let cool. HOWEVER this is where I screwed up. I was excited and kept messing with it, stirring it and such...:( Instead of spun sugar I have candy crumbs LOL. Still great though! Just not what I wanted. I'm like 500% sure that it I had some popsicle sticks I could have just kept dipping it in to make rock candy too, but again not what I was going for. Soooo I'm gonna have to try this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment