Monday, August 9, 2010

Win and a fail.

So back when we were doing the allergy testing we tried letting Gabe have cashews. He had a reaction to them. We found out though that they were made in peanut oil. So we weren't sure if the reaction was to the cashews or the peanuts. (we know he reacts to peanuts, but weren't sure if it was both) I decided to let him try almond butter, since he has had the Pamela's pancake mix before and that has some almonds. Yea he reacts to it. :( INSTANT allergy shiners, red face and hyper activity. Sigh. Oh well. I like it and I'm not allergic to it so I've been eating it. It's really good especially if you have bananas and you dip them into it. Mmmmm. So yea Fail.

BUT FINALLY after months! And 3 seperate tries I have FINALLY gotten my freaking apple jelly to jell!!!!!!!! WOOT! And let me tell you it is YUMMY! Silly part is that all I had to do was boil it for another 5 minutes! Grrrr! All this time and I could have fixed it that easily. LOL!

I also made blueberry muffins the other day. Ohhh! New find! Enjoy Life now makes soft chewy chocolate chip cookies! It does have Xantham gum, but Gabe has never reacted to the absolute minute traces of it (if it is corn derivied it isn't always). They are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment