Saturday, August 14, 2010

bday parties!

Well another party has come and gone. And Gabe did great. It helped that this was a very small family party and my friend flat out told people DON"T FEED HIM!!!! (she joked she was gonna get a sign that said don't feed the Gabe) Then she explained that he has food allergies. On one hand I felt bad that she did that, I don't want Gabe to be made to feel different, but honestly she only told the adults, plus she tried really hard to make sure everyone knew, but she didn't have to. Gabe knows not to touch 95% of the time. But it was really nice that I could just sit back and relax and know that no well meaning adult would give him a peanut butter cookie. (OMG the thought really just scares me! They were double peanut butter and I think he will go ana with peanuts and soy at some point, each reaction has been MUCH worse than the previous)

I brought Gabe his own brownies. (I really need to make and freeze a cake, but I have been busy!) He loved it! I reminded him before we got to the party and he did fine. He had a blast playing! I'm so glad we go out and do stuff like this even if I worry about it. I'd rather worry and let him have fun then not worry and make him a hermit.

Tomorrow is family bbq! I have to bring Gabe his own ketchup, cheese, chips and dessert and he can't have a bun, but sokay! He'll have fun anyways! I think I'm gonna bring stuff to make him ice cream there. :) He'll like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment