Thursday, June 10, 2010

The trash?

Well with 1 lick, Gabe has red spots all over his face. :( The other day after the boys went to bed, I decided to indulge in a nice preggo treat. I made smores. I made too many and couldn't finish them all and threw the last one in the trash. (right on top, think the seinfeild episode where George eats the pastry out of the trash) Didn't even think about it. :( Well the next morning while I was grabbing something Gabe saw the smore and grabbed it and licked the chocolate off it. Sigh.

He told me right after he did it, which is good that I'm not going nuts trying to figure out what caused it, but seriously dude, the trash?!?!! We learned our lesson with leaving food on plates in the kitchen, but we never thought we'd have to worry about the trash. Ewwwww.

It's been over 24 hours and he still has a bunch of red spots by his eye and mouth and a few on his chest. All from a few licks of smore. He seriously didn't even take a full bite! Makes me kinda scared. (okay REALLY scared) It's been several months since he started having reactions and we took out all his allergens. I am now really scared to think of what would happen if he had more than a small slip up. Something tells me I'll be keeping the epipens handy. It seems like it's soy that causes the bad reactions. He gets a few spots with the corn and egg and such, but with the soy it's his whole face from just 1 bite. :( Scary. Makes me curious about how bad his allergy has gotten. If he were a lucky person he would get RAST results so that we could see, but he isn't and RAST testing does nothing for us. And the last SPT sent us to the ER soooo I don't see me offering him up for that experience again anytime soon.

Oh well. Maybe some day he will out grow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment