Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breakfast or dessert?

Not sure what this will count as, but the batter was YUMMY!

Tonight I decided to try pumpkin bars. This is NOT the final recipe though. I didn't have any carrots and next time I'm gonna add a cup of carrots and try to cut some of the white sugar.

LOL!

2 cups white rice sugar
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons baking powder sub (baking soda and cream of tartar)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup softened butter (I always just nuke mine for 10 seconds)
3/4 cup applesauce (original recipe calls for 2 eggs 2 egg whites which will make it fluffier if you aren't allergic to eggs)
1 cup pumpkin

Mix well, then spread in a well greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 25 min or until knife comes out clean. Let cool then cut into bars. :)

Next time I am hoping to cut about half a cup of sugar (the applesauce adds sweetness so I don't think it will be missed AT ALL) and adding shredded carrots, maybe even dried rasins.

The recipe I stole this idea from also used a cream cheese sauce to make it even sweeter (that would push it into dessert for me) so I MAY try pouring a tiny bit of condensed milk on top when it comes out but I doubt it. The batter was really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment